poniedziałek, 15 stycznia 2018

Interview with JJ Hamblett

JJ Hamblett is a British singer and actor from Suffolk, known for being a member of a popular British boyband Union J. In 2016 he started his acting career and already played in multiple films and theatre plays. Before he became a musician, he was also a very successful jockey and won a lot of races. In the interview, JJ is talking about his developing acting career, Union J, love for horse racing and plans for the future.


A lot of people know you for being a member of a British boyband Union J, but two years ago you also started your acting career. Recently you played the role of Prince Charming in a pantomime "Cinderella" at Blackpool Grand Theatre. How did you become interested in acting and when did you decided to do it professionally?

I have always loved acting since an early age, and it’s always been a dream of mine, but it’s such a difficult industry to crack. I have already been fortunate to be in a few feature films and on stage theatre. I can’t wait to see what the future holds for me in the acting world.

I guess that while practising for "Cinderella" you revived your childhood memories. What were your favourite books and movies when you were a young boy?

I loved all Disney films and still do, so playing Prince Charming in "Cinderella" was great.

You also starred in movies "Rise of the Footsoldier 3", "Tango One" and "Once Upon a Time in London" and the last two are going to premiere this year. What is the main difference between film and theatre acting? Do you feel more comfortable as a movie actor or rather a theatre actor? 

My aim was to stick to on-screen acting first in feature films and TV then have a shot at theatre but I had the opportunity to take part in "Cinderella" and thought I would get myself the challenge and loved it.

At first it was difficult for me to adjust as I have only done on screen but theatre is all about overexpressing and opening up, which I felt like I adjusted quickly to this and had an amazing time. I still would love to do on-screen, but it all depends what comes up next.


After Casey Johnson's departure Union J is again a trio. In November 2017 you performed with The Vamps on a special Christmas gig and all the fans are waiting for your eagerly awaited third album. How can you describe the future of Union J?

It’s very exciting for Union J, we have just signed to an amazing management team and getting the single/album ready, we are aiming to release our next single this summer and tour end of the year.

Before you started your singing and acting career, you were a very talented jockey who won 24 races and you had a chance to meet the Queen Elizabeth II. Can you tell us something more about this passion and your biggest achievements?

My family were and still are in horse racing and was brought up in the centre of racing, Newmarket. I always wanted to follow my dad's footsteps and was very fortunate to have over 375 races and get the opportunity to race for Her Majesty The Queen. Due to weight issues I had to finish horse racing but everything happens for a reason and that’s when I meet the boys and we became Union J.

Do you still ride horses in your free time? What are your favourite sport activities now?

Unfortunately I haven’t sat on a horse for 4 years thou I plan to ride again in the near future. I love playing football when I can and golf.

Your acting and musical career is still developing, so I think 2018 will be a very fruitful year for you. What are your main aims for the foreseeable future? Do you have a dream that you want to fulfill this year?

My aim this year is to push myself to the limits and keep learning to become the greatest actor I can be.


If you want to learn more about JJ Hamblett, please visit his Instagram profile and the official website of Union J:

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz