wtorek, 9 stycznia 2018

Interview with Jacob Young

Jacob Young is an American actor and singer, known for the roles of Rick Forrester in "The Bold and the Beautiful" and JR Chandler in "All My Children". He has also been singing and writing songs for many years. In 2001 he released his debut album and in the coming days he is going to release his new single "Better than a Love Song". In the interview, Jacob is talking about his work on the set of "The Bold and the Beautiful", his love for music and what is going to happen with the character he plays.


In 1997 you debuted as an actor playing the role of Rick Forrester in "The Bold and the Beautiful". How did you become the part of this soap opera? Do you remember your first meeting with the Forrester family?

I was auditioning for commercials before going into college. I wasn't taking acting as serious profession. (At least at that time I wasn’t.) Then an audition came up for "The Bold and the Beautiful" and I went on it. I was so surprised that I actually booked the show! Yes, I remember the first time meeting the Forrester family, they immediately took me under their wings and into their hearts.

You were playing the role of Rick for two years, then you were replaced by another actor and came back to the same role after 12 years. Why did you decide to reprise your role in "The Bold and the Beautiful"? 

After two years I made the decision to leave to do other work and projects. I ended up on a show in New York City called "All My Children". It was exciting to be working in NY but after many years of being on that show, sadly it was canceled. Brad Bell contacted me and wanted to know if I would reprise the role of Rick Forrester, and I wholeheartedly agreed. After all, it was my first TV family.

Apart from playing in "The Bold and the Beautiful", you also played in "General Hospital" and "All My Children". In 2002 you won a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Younger Actor in a Drama Series for your role in "General Hospital" and you were nominated for this award multiple times. What is your favourite aspect of playing in soap operas and daytime dramas? 

My favorite aspect of being a part of this particular genre of drama is: 1) it's incredibly challenging, and I love to be challenged, 2) it's like doing a new play everyday. You get to try new things on a daily basis.

Can you reveal us any funny story from the set of "The Bold and the Beautiful" or reveal any backstage secret?

I don't have anything specific. What I can tell you is that every day we work is filled with love and laughter!


Not only are you a gifted actor, but you are also a very talented singer. On 11 January 2018 you release your new song called "Better than a Love Song". Can you tell us something more about your single? Can we treat it as a teaser for your upcoming solo album?

Thank you. I've been a songwriter for years now and my wife knows my heart. I love to sing and perform. "Better than a Love Song" is a song that talks about the relationship between two people. I wrote it about my wife Christen... but it can be about anyone. It takes references from many different kinds of songs ranging from Eric Clapton to Def Leppard. The overall message is: "We're better than a love song!".

I know from your Instagram account that you like country music a lot. Is it also one of your main inspirations while making music?

I grew up listening to country music. I love all kinds of music but when I write, it lends itself to country. It's where my heart is. George Strait has always been my biggest influence. My inspiration, however, comes from my wife.

"The Bold and the Beautiful" is always full of action and shocking moments. What can we expect to happen in the life of Rick Forrester in 2018?

For Rick I would expect there to be a shake up in the Forrester office. Rick teaming up with Thorne to overthrow Ridge. I would anticipate rocky waters for Rick and Maya as well!


If you want to learn more about Jacob Young, please visit his official website:
https://www.facebook.com/officialjacobyoung/

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz