piątek, 7 czerwca 2019

Interview with Stanislav Yanevski

Stanislav Yanevski is a Bulgarian actor well-known for the role of Viktor Krum in "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire". He also starred in such films and TV series as "Hostel: Part II", "Resistance" and "Pod prikritie" ("Undercover"). He attended Mill Hill School in the United Kingdom and lived in Israel for several years. In the interview, Stanislav is talking about his adventure with "Harry Potter", acting career, healthy lifestyle and plans for the future.


You started your acting career in 2005 from the role of Viktor Krum, a Quidditch player from Bulgaria, in "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire". How did you become a part of this legendary fantasy film? 

This was very long ago. I was at school when they were casting for various roles for the films. I happened to be at the right place and at the right time to bump into one of the films casting agents, who noticed me and asked me straight away to go for a casting. After several meetings, which were over quite a long period of time, they gave me the call with the good news that I had been chosen to portray Krum out of more than 3500 different favorites for the role. It was an amazing feeling.

On the set of "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" you had a chance to meet such big names as Ralph Fiennes, Maggie Smith and Alan Rickman. What was the most exciting thing about being a member of the "Harry Potter" cast? 

There are many big names of world-known actors and actresses in the "Harry Potter" cast. It was at first scary and I was cautious talking to many of them but after they all showed how much they loved being around us and how much of a wonderful time we were having and going to have together filming these films I became more confident. I always looked up to them all and tried to learn as much as possible from each one of them. It was an absolute honor working on a project with so many big names and wonderful people.

Do you keep in touch with anyone from the film? 

Yes, I do stay in touch with quite a lot of people from the film. Not only cast but also crew. We were on it for such a long time that we were bound to create big friendships. We are lucky to have conventions happening all around the world that we travel to and get time to catch up. We have the best fans ever supporting us!

After "Harry Potter" you played in some Bulgarian films and TV series like "Pod prikritie", "Stolichani v poveche" and "XIa". How does making a film in Bulgaria look like? Is it much different from making a film in the UK?

Yes, I recently had another Bulgarian film come out and to be honest I've been pretty fortunate to have continued getting roles and keep rolling in the business. I love acting and I love my job, so as long as I'm in it, I can say I'm a happy man.

Filming is a mechanical process, movie making in general, however different films have different crews, different locations, different cast etc., which makes every project very unique. It's nice filming in my native language and at home but I adore travelling and having to work abroad is equally as exciting to me as filming home.

You are from Bulgaria, but you lived in England and Israel for some years. What are your favourite places in these three countries? Do have a place that you can call a paradise on earth?

I think that our world is paradise as a whole. I ride a motorcycle and travel as much as possible on it. I love spending time in nature. I definitely do not have a favorite country because every country is unique with its culture, people, beauties etc. I've travelled pretty much around the world and have seen so many magical places. I loved Mexico, Peru, Brazil, USA, Asia, Taiwan, Japan, Russia… I love Europe and I definitely cannot pick one favorite place.

Well if I have to be honest home is home, but that's sentimental.

Your name "Stanislav Yanevski" suggests that you have some Polish roots. Do you know anything about your possible Polish ancestors? Have you ever been to Poland?

I have been to Poland and I love the country! People are so nice and the culture is so interesting to me! I am not sure if I have Polish ancestors, but it's quite often I get asked the question whether I have something connected to Poland. Bulgarian family names usually end in two ways – either -ov/ova or -ski/ska.


Since playing in "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" you have changed a lot - you got even more muscular and athletic and you got a lot of tattoos. Can you tell us something more about their meaning?

It is really hard being an actor today. The requirements for an actor are to have a lean muscular model type fitness body. I was told by my agent that if I want to be an action hero, I have to look like one. This is why I concentrated more on my training, diet and changed my lifestyle. You have to have a dream to chase and consistency and hard work will eventually pay off in the end. I fell in love with healthy lifestyle and it has become a part of me. I do it for work but a lot more just for myself. Tattoos I've had since 2006 I think. Slowly they became more and more and they are a style that I have now. I really like them. Some of them have meanings giving me strength, power, protection… Some are there just because I thought they were nice and would link well to the rest.

I know that you spend a lot of time at the gym to stay in shape. Which physical activities do you prefer?

I spend anything between 90 minutes to 180 minutes, sometimes more per day training. I like doing hungry cardio in the mountains to start my day with. That takes me about an hour and a half climbing up and getting down and then I do another hour and a half to two muscle training in the gym. Free weights is what I prefer and intense crossfit kind of workouts. Outdoor if possible.

This year we will see you playing Boris The Hammer in a British film "The Cloaking". How can you describe your plans and aims for the foreseeable future?

I'm always aiming really high. Actually the higher the aim, the more dedicated and concentrated I am. I want a bright career but for me the most important part of acting is having my fans satisfied. I listen to my fans on Instagram and Facebook a lot. They wanted me to try and be in a Viking film, I tried but didn't get too far with that. Now they want me to be a superhero, so I'm aiming at being successful and good. Without my fans I would have given up long time ago. They are my drive and what keeps me going, giving me all the power and will to continue the path that I am walking. Of course I'm hoping for the best possible. The brighter the career, the better.

Thank you very much for the interview.

You are extremely welcome. It has been absolute pleasure to me answering your questions. Greetings to all your readers and remember - the sun is still shining even on a cloudy day. Its just above the clouds.


If you want to learn more about Stanislav Yanevski, please visit his official website:

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz