środa, 18 kwietnia 2018

Interview with Jesus Luz

Jesus Luz is a Brazilian DJ who performed in prestigious clubs in Lisbon, Vienna, Ibiza and Corsica and shared the stage with DJ Tiesto, Benny Benassi and Paul Oakenfold. Previously he worked as a model for Dolce & Gabbana and Pepe Jeans. He also appeared in music videos for "Celebration" by Madonna and "Caliente" by Inna and TV series "Aquele Beijo" and "Guerra dos Sexos". In the interview, Jesus is talking about his memories from modeling, his work as a DJ, favourite sports and plans for the future.


You started your career as a model in 2005 when you joined a modeling agency 40 Graus Models. How did you become interested in modeling?

I was very young and I saw the opportunity to work as a model when I got 17 years old. Many good friends inspired me and pushed me to start my modelling career. It was a start to my acting career and my DJ life.

Throughout your career as a model you worked for Dolce & Gabbana and Pepe Jeans, appeared on the cover of "L'Officiel Hommes" and walked in Milan Fashion Week. Was it difficult or a bit stressful for you to work with such professionals and big names?

It was an amazing challenge! I loved it and I have great moments on my heart.

You have been working as a DJ for nine years and performed in the best nightclubs in Ibiza, Corsica, London, Vienna and many more. Why did you decide to become a professional DJ and what is the most exciting thing about this job for you?

I decided to become professional during Madonna’s tour. I start to "play" with Paul Oakenfold on her stage! Then I got the taste of being there sharing happiness and music with people, it was a matter of time to start my own tour.

As a DJ you had an opportunity to attend a lot of parties and events. What was the craziest and wildest party you have ever attended?

For sure Beatpatrol Festival in Vienna.


You are from Brazil and spent most of your life in Rio de Janeiro. What typical personality traits of Brazilian do you have and what do you like most about your hometown?

I’m very warm with people, I have a big heart and an open mind. I think this is the Brazilian vibe on me. I love the perfect weather and the food from here.

I know that you like skydiving and swimming a lot and you love spending time on the beach. Can you tell us something more about your favourite sports and free time activities?

I really love skydiving! It’s my therapy and I think everybody should try it at least one time in life!

In February 2018 you released your remix of "Mas Que Nada" by Sergio Mendes and performed some gigs in Brazil during Carnaval Tour. What can we expect from you in the foreseeable future?

Now I will focus on my acting career and keep my DJ tour flowing as usual!


If you want to learn more about Jesus Luz and his music, please visit his official website:

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz