wtorek, 4 kwietnia 2017

Interview with Alyson Stoner

Alyson Stoner is an American actress, singer and dancer, who is known for her roles of Caitlyn in “Camp Rock” and Camille Gage in “Step Up” and voicing Isabella Garcia-Shapiro in animated series “Phineas and Ferb”. She has also released two extended plays “Beat the System” i “While You Were Sleeping” and she plans to release more songs soon. In the interview Alyson is talking about her Disney memories, music career, inspirations and future plans.


You became well-known among the teenagers after playing in Disney TV shows and movies such as "The Suite Life" and "Camp Rock" - we were actually able to see you growing up on the TV screen. Are you still in touch with your friends from Disney? What was the most exciting experience from your "Disney times”?

Hi! Thanks for chatting today. For me, Disney was my surrogate high school. I became familiar with most actors by sheer proximity - instead of sharing classes on campus, we shared series on studio lots. I bonded with many kids, but it's far less frequent that I connect with them these days. We all really branched out; I'm also guessing we were ready for a change of scenery after being in the vortex of "the Mouse". My favorite memory was playing in the Disney Channel Games, competing alongside costars and alumni and getting a break from Hollywood to play.

Not only were you acting for Disney, but also you have been voicing Isabella Garcia-Shapiro in "Phineas and Ferb" for eight years. Was it difficult for you to do it in a proper way? Do you have anything in common with the character you voiced?

This series might be my favorite project to date. I was practically raised by my P&F family. Isabella hit close to home, yes: an ambitious, stick-to-it optimist. It's nice when you can bring yourself into a role!

In October 2016 you released your second extended play called "While You Were Sleeping", which was promoted by singles "Back to Church" and "The Boy Is Mine". How can you describe your style of music and what are your main influences?

“While You Were Sleeping” was an experiment to see what edges of pop I wanted to explore; world, urban, mainstream, ambient, and acoustic. I'm focusing on urban, electro dance crossover coming up.


You studied ballet, tap dance and jazz dance at Maumee Valley Country Day School and taught hip hop classes at the Millennium Dance Complex. When and how did you become interested in dancing? Does it help you a lot in your music career, for example to feel the rhythm better?

I initially wanted to follow in my sister's footsteps, but I quickly discovered my own passion for the stage. Movement is incredibly cathartic; it's a huge component for the rhythms I use and songs I write.

Actress, voice actress, dancer, singer, songwriter and model... You are a very versatile artist and you have been working in so many different projects. Which of these jobs do you find the most appealing and important to you and why? 

I could never choose. My goal is to master each. I train and invest in each daily. They used to be very separate passions, but as I get older, they intersect and support one another, which keeps me inspired.

Releasing an extended play is always a suggestion that an artist is planning something bigger, for example a full-length album. Is there a chance to hear more music from you in the foreseeable future?

Yes. I'm a singer/songwriter; I will continue to create and share music for as long as I can.

Thank you very much for the interview.

Thank you!


If you want to learn more about Alyson Stoner and her music, please visit her official website:

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz