piątek, 10 sierpnia 2018

Interview with Don Diamont

Don Diamont is an American actor, best known for playing Brad Carlton in "The Young and the Restless" and Bill Spencer Jr. in "The Bold and the Beautiful". He was also working as a model for several years and in 1990 was chosen as one of the 50 most beautiful people in the world by "People Magazine". Recently he released a book "My Seven Sons and How We Raised Each Other" about him being a father of seven boys. In the interview, Don Diamont is talking about his modeling career, playing in soap operas, fatherhood and favourite sports.


You started your career from modeling in the early 1980s, at the time when male modeling was becoming popular. What are your favourite memories from photoshoots, fashion shows and commercial campaigns?

I suppose going to Paris at 19 years old having never been abroad and not speaking the language. Being in such a foreign situation was a really eye-opening and extraordinary time. One shoot that really sticks out was with legendary fashion photographer Herb Ritts for a Gianfranco Ferré print ad campaign.

From 1985 to 2008 you played the role of Brad Carlton in an American soap opera "The Young and the Restless". Your character went from being a gardener to being a prosperous businessman. What is it like to play one character for almost 25 years? Has this role affected your personality in any way?

"The Young and the Restless" was a tremendous opportunity. It was a wonderful experience because it allowed me to grown and evolve in a way that other mediums don’t allow. And I have no issue separating the character from my real life.

After your departure from "The Young and the Restless" you started playing Bill Spencer Jr. in "The Bold and the Beautiful". He is described as "devilish" and "ruthless". Do you remember your first day on the set of this show? What do you like most about Bill and his behavior?

My first day on the set was very exhilarating. I felt comfortable in Bill's shoes. I was very excited for the character to be in scenes with Susan Flannery who played Stephanie Forrester.

"The Bold and the Beautiful" is very popular in Poland and you have a lot of fans there. Do you have any special memories associated with your Polish fans? 

I really haven't had an opportunity to meet my Polish fans and I hope down the road maybe we could do a location shoot in Poland so we could have an opportunity to interact with them.


In May 2018 you released a book "My Seven Sons and How We Raised Each Other", which is a sort of a memoir or autobiography about your fatherhood experience. It is very touching and personal. Was it difficult for you to share private and even intimate facts from your life with your fans?

The process itself was difficult. Going through the minutia of some very painful experiences of my life took a lot of effort.

In the title of the book you say that you and your seven sons raised each other. What are the most important things that you learned from your children?

Patience, I guess, and in some ways you have to approach every child differently. Personalities and temperaments. Kids aren’t cookie cutter.

You were and still are a very keen sportsman and you share the love for sports with your sons. What are your favourite activities to stay healthy and in shape?

I do a lot of cardio and continue to lift weights. I've spent some time boxing and swimming.

Can you tell us something more about your plans for the foreseeable future? 

I don't have a grand plan. Just to continue to enjoy my family and appreciate playing Dollar Bill. I'm thankful for my blessings.


If you want to learn more about Don Diamont and his acting career, please visit his official website:

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz