poniedziałek, 21 stycznia 2019

Interview with Jennifer Gareis

Jennifer Gareis is an American actress, well-known for the roles of Grace Turner in "The Young and the Restless" and Donna Logan in "The Bold and the Beautiful". Before she became an actress, she was elected Miss New York USA 1994 and took part in the Miss USA 1994. She also earned a Master's of Business Administration degree from Pepperdine University. In the interview, Jennifer Gareis is talking about the beginning of her acting career, playing Donna Logan in "The Bold and the Beautiful", healthy lifestyle and plans for the future.


Before you started your career as an actress, you took part in beauty contests. You won the title of Miss New York USA 1994 and represented New York in the Miss USA 1994. What are your memories from these competitions? Do you feel that they helped you in your career in any way?

Competition gives you confidence. This is one of the most important attributes that you must have when you are filming on set. You must know your lines and be able to deliver them in a self confident way. Competitive beauty pageants are very similar in that you must always show your best side to the audience.

You studied at Pepperdine University and have a degree in business administration. Why did you decide to become an actress rather than a businesswoman?

Although I've always had a love for numbers and calculations nothing beats the excitement and the challenge of acting in front of the TV camera. Although I chose a career in acting, I always knew I would revisit my love for learning. During my first four years on "The Bold and the Beautiful" I also attended night school at Pepperdine University to get my MBA degree. I suppose I love both the excitement of acting and the intellectual stimulation of schooling.

Your first major role was Grace Turner in "The Young and the Restless", but you became even more popular as Donna Logan in "The Bold and the Beautiful". You replaced Carrie Mitchum in this role. Was it difficult for you to enter the role with such a long storyline?

At first I was worried about how the fans would except me following a character who had been there for such a long time. I went to Brad Bell with this concern and he gave me the advice to develop my own character in this part. I was very thankful to have this liberty to make it my own.


One of the most popular and crazy scenes with Donna was certainly the one when she was almost attacked by a grizzly bear in 2008. How was this scene filmed and was it as hard as it seemed to be?

Thank goodness I was never actually on set with the bear as the bear was filmed separately, but it was a little disconcerting when they said no food should be consumed on the set prior to the bear's entrance. When I was filming the bear scene my stage manager played the part of the bear in order to give me an eye line. Quite honestly, as he waved his arms around, the most challenging part about the entire scene was acting terrified rather than laughing! Oh, another challenging part happened after the scene. That was trying to get the honey out of my hair, it took about a week!

You have been playing Donna Logan for twelve years and your character changed a lot during all this time. What is your favourite aspect of playing this role and what do you like most about Donna?

One of my favorite aspects about Donna is that she has a wide range of emotions, she can laugh with Pammy, she has a good sense of humor and can laugh at herself. She is often the butt of the jokes and doesn't take herself too seriously. Her sisters bring out her deep emotional bond for family. Her lovers, well, I'm not sure how to even say it... bring out her passion? What I like most about playing the part of Donna is the camaraderie on set between all of the actors. This extends across the board all the way to the producers.


In 2002 you appeared on the list of the Maxim Hot 100 Women and I guess that you still care a lot about your good shape and appearance. What do you do to stay in shape and healthy?

From ages 5-21 I was a competitive swimmer so staying in shape is almost innate. I probably learned to swim before I learned to walk. Diet is also a big part. I eat a healthy and well balanced meal 95% of the time. I splurge on occasion but usually not the norm.

You have Italian roots and the honorary citizenship of Militello in Val di Catania. Do you have your favourite place in Italy? 

My heart always takes me back to my family roots in Sicily although I also enjoy Capri and the Amalfi coast for the swimming, boating and the scenic views. The Italians are always wonderful hosts and they love "The Bold and the Beautiful"!

Can you tell us something about your main plans and aims for 2019?

I always hope for the same thing, health and happiness for myself and all those around me!


If you want to learn more about Jennifer Gareis, please visit her official website:
https://www.facebook.com/jennifergareis/
https://www.instagram.com/jennifergareis/

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz